I have been doing repairs for over 20 years and, designing my own jewelry (Don’Kay Designs) and still to this day, cannot, without certainty, give a firm cost to any repair without having to see it first.
What I do know, is, over the years, the materials (string, clasps etc.) being used on most necklaces are insufficient. I am always surprised to find fishing line and barrel clasps on some of the most expensive necklaces. Consequently, I do not use these materials for our repairs, or for that matter any of the jewelry that I create. It is my commitment to use the best materials available with all the repairs performed here at GBI, Inc.
Below is the cost structure.
NOTE: These costs are labor only and do not include any materials we use. Materials to be used will be assessed by me or my staff at which time material costs can be determined. Minimum charge on all repairs is $6.00.
- Price varies due to size of beads and is based on the smallest bead in the repair or custom piece. Bead size is measured hole to hole.
- Reorganization of beads is an additional $1.00 per inch with all repairs.
- Multiple pieces or various stringing methods for one job, may be converted to an hourly rate.
Knotting: Using Silk or Nylon thread $1.75 to $5 .50 per inch
- 8mm or larger $2.25 per inch
- 7mm to 5mm $2.50 per inch
- 4mm $3.50 per inch
- 2mm or smaller $3.75 to $5.50 per inch
- Endless necklaces (no clasp) will have an additional $10.00 charge.
- $8.00 – $12.00 additional finishing fee or to attach a clasp
- Up to an additional 50% for double thread method.
“Soft-flex wire or Stretch Magic (elastic cord): $1.50 to $5.00 per inch. Price varies due to size of beads. (no knots between beads).
- 8mm or larger $1.50 per inch
- 5mm to 7mm $2.00 per inch
- 3mm or 4mm $2.50 per inch
- smaller than 3mm $3.00 to $5.00 per inch
- $8.00 charge added to attach a clasp
- “Soft-flex wire” crimping $8.00 per two crimps. Micro crimps $10.00
- Crimping with wire guards and crimp covers additional $6.00
- Fold-Over crimps onto cord – 1 strand $12.00
- Fold-over crimp 3 – 5 strands $14.00 to $18.00
- Glue on cords $12.00 to $24.00
- Basic wire loop – no wire wrapping $8.00 per two loops formed.
- Rosary style chain $6.00 per two loops
- Attach jumprings $8.00 minimum per 2, and $6.00 for each additional 2
- Wire wrap on either side of bead (2 wraps) $12.00 – $16.00per two basic wraps
- Earring wire wraps $12.00 per two wraps formed.
- Briolette Wrap $18.00 for most sizes
- Earring converting from clips to pierced or visa-versa $8.00 – $12.00 per pair. Note: not all earrings can be converted
- $1.00 to $4.00 additional per inch for redesign.
- Leather or cord slide knot $10.00
- Macramé Braid $6.00 per inch. With beads $8.00 per inch.
- Macramé slide knot $15.00 for 1 inch slide knot.
- Macramé cord $8.00 per inch. $10.00 with beads.
- Ladder stitch $8.00 to 12:00 per inch
Custom Design: $100.00 per hour
For any repairs or restringing that is not listed please bring it to the store and we will quote it then.
Reminder: We cannot quote a repair unless we see the piece to be repaired.