Leather & Chain Weaves Registration
Be prepared to start 2 or 3 patterns in class. We will practice different weave options and review closure options.
Depending on the weave, you will need 2″ to 3″ of leather per inch of chain pattern. Depending on the weave, 1mm or 1.5mm will work best. Two thicknesses of your leather must fit easily in a link of the chain.
A heavy duty or Tungsten cutter will be need for cutting the chain. 2 flatnose pliers or chainnose pliers for opening links.
Many leather colors and other styles of chain are available in store for purchase prior to class.
Class time: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- 24″ 6mm or 7mm Rolo Chain (per bracelet)
- 1mm leather and 4mm crimp cover or 1.5mm leather
- 7″ to 14″ large open weave chain (curb)
- 1mm leather or 1.5mm leather
- 7″ – 14″Antique style Flat chain
- 1mm leather
- Super New Glue
- Medium Weight Wire cutters (Flush cutter preferred)
- 2 Chainnose, Flat nose, or Bentnose or combo
- Tweezers or awl
- Optional clipboard
- 1 – 2 Clasp or Button Closure
- 2 – 4 4mm, 6mm and 8mm Jumprings per clasp
- 5mm crimp covers
By purchasing this class, you agree to GBI’s Class Agreement.